In Loving Memory.

It now officially feels like wintertime. There is a winter storm watch in effect for Southern Utah. I have not yet seen any signs of this storm, but we have had a few pretty cold nights/days now. The plants are grayish and dormant. I'll have to break down and buy a poinsettia if I want fresh flowers.
I've noticed that the Christmas spirit is quite strong this year. Everyone seems to be decorating and celebrating. Maybe we all need something to celebrate? Anyhow, I glad for it. I like seeing everyone's decor displays.
I like wintertime. I love baking when its too nasty outside to do anything else, and eating the stuff I bake :) I love hiking without having to worry about snakes everywhere. I love working on the yard when it is still slightly chilly out. I love taking the little ones to play in the snow. I love settling down in the early dark to read and craft and sing songs to Jesse's guitar strumming. I love soup weather. I love when oranges are on sale. I love the wood stove.
This year I would like to celebrate the winter solstice. The longest night of the year. The change of winter to eventual rebirth of spring. It is so evident here in the southwest. Our winter is only about a month long. By the end of January there are signs of life and the weather starts to warm again. Anyway...thats what I would like to celebrate.


1 comment:
did I give you the book about the root children sleeping for the winter?
Post a Comment