Thanks to speedy delivery from Grizzly tools, Jesse has his new wood lathe. He wasted no time in getting it set up and used. He immediately made this beautiful bowl from those cedar logs we brought home the other day. He decided to make hickory rattles for the babies in our lives. 

They're so cool! Levi approves too.


7 comments:
no way- no freaking way- okay- Cody wants one! Oh my goodness- I spend $10 on a hickory teething toy and jesse can make one just as good- man- and your felting is wonderful- you are so talented
did i mention i want the bowl- oh man- i can't believe how talented jesse is- he'd be making bank selling this on etsy- heck- i'd buy it from him- but i'm broker than my chickens- ha ha
me here- still drooling- ha ha ha!
Ummm..WOW is all I can say! I am so impressed with both Jesse's woodworking and your felting! I have been begging Saskia to show me how to felt when she comes to visit and now I will beg YOU!! I'm just such a visual person it's one of those things I have to see in person to understand. The bowl and rattle are amazing. You should put a beeswax finish on them and really make them shine!!
Thanks women! I would love to get together to felt with you Laura! And thanks for the beeswax idea. We've been using food grade oils, but a wax would produce a much more lustrous shine.
Love that bowl!
yeah- beeswax- I was going to say that to- that's how lots of people on etsy finish their baby toys- I can bring you a bit if you need
Post a Comment