There were many arch formations in the canyon. Some places were so narrow that very little sunlight came in. The walls of the canyon looked like the interior of a damp cave coated with generations of mineral buildup.
There was very little shade on the way in (and out-same path) and it was HOT that day. Michael was sooo sick (most likely from the intense heat).
Overall, I loved the hike. The walk in and out wasn't the greatest, but it was SO worth it. Once we got out of the baking sun and into the slot canyon, all was well. The canyon is incredible. I am surprised that more people don't know about this. Maybe that adds to it's charm. There were 6 rapels total (I think), they were all fun and well anchored...mostly. The water was perfect. Clear and cool. We saw some horsehair worms, mountain goats, and lizards. It was a little too hot for wildlife spotting.
We loved the hike so much we went again a couple of weeks ago. I didn't take the camera that time-wish I would have. A mile from the end, when the sun was beating down on us, it started to rain. The sudden downpour turned the cliffs around us into waterfalls. It made the hike out the best part :)


No comments:
Post a Comment